The Afghan refugees need many items to help them get by at Camp Atterbury especially with the cold weather coming. WTHR.com has a list going of things that are needed if you are willing to help.
The items should be new and in their original packaging. The items needed most include:
- Men’s and women’s unbranded, modest clothes such as long sleeve T-shirts, underwear, pants and jackets in sizes small to large. No shorts or tank tops.
- Children’s clothing, including baby and newborn clothes, hats and socks
- Powdered baby formula
- Socks, hats, shoes and slide-on sandals (no flip flops) for evacuees of all ages
- Items in critical need include new coats and warm clothes, along with baby and hygiene items. More than 40% of the population at Camp Atterbury is under the age of 14.
New items are accepted from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following Indiana National Guard armories:
- Evansville: 3300 E. Division St.
- Greenfield: 410 Apple St.
- Terre Haute, 3614 Maple Ave.
- Danville: 1245 E. Main St.
- Muncie: 401 N. Country Club Road
- Indianapolis: Kessler-Moore Readiness Center, 2625 W. Kessler Blvd. North Drive
- Fort Wayne: 130 W. Cook Road
- South Bend: 1901 Kemble Ave.
- New Albany: 2909 Grant Line Road
More details can be find at WTHR.com