TikTok has been raving about this Taylor Swift dessert. I mean who doesn’t want Chia Tea Eggnog Cookies? It’s like Christmas exploded in your mouth! To be honest, the recipe hit the internet about 5 years ago and is now making a comeback thanks to everyone’s favorite quarantine app.
@_no__one__askedRecipe in comments! folklore out now! ✨@taylornation ##greenscreen ##recipe ##cookies ##baking ##folklore ##taylorswift ##swiftiecheck ##swiftie ##fyp ##viral♬ original sound – Brooke
Seventeen got the recipe back in 2015 from a Tumblr post Taylor shared.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 chai tea packet
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon eggnog
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with butter or cooking spray.
2. Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl on medium for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla, beating on medium speed until each ingredient is completely incorporated.
3. This is where Tay’s personalization comes in! Cut one chai tea packet open and empty the crushed tea leaves into the batter.
4. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt using mixer set on low.
5. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or freeze for 15 minutes so it’s easier to handle.
6. Now you’re ready to bake! Dollop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm to 1/4-inch thickness.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before eating.
8. Taylor personalized her sugar cookies with her homemade eggnog icing! Just mix your powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and eggnog to create the icing. Then spoon it over your cookies once they’ve cooled.
9. As a final touch, Taylor sprinkled some cinnamon on top of the cookies.